Sunday, December 19, 2010

Under Construction DEC 2010

This blog is hosted by Google's Blogger service.  The intention is to use this as a comment page for our website and the Mathview Channel on YouTube.  


Enter a Comment: Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the link "comments"


For now, this blog can be accessed only from the Mathview website https://sites.google.com/site/threesphere2011/home




Notes to Webmaster:


-We need the background image optimized. The titles and some text are hard to read. DONE
- We want the link on the comments tab to take  us to the blog. 
- Make sure comments can be added easily. DONE scroll down and click comments
- Create a topical outline for comments ... if practicable. 
- Main objective is to facilitate public comments and posts for those accessing this blog.



12 comments:

  1. This is a test of the comment option from the blog homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Covariant Derivative navigation on the new googleplexMath page does not seem to be functioning. Are the videos posted for this Navigation Bar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, ty for posting, I will check into it and reply. The website is under construction, and your comments are very helpful to the effort. TY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did a quick check for the navigation tab (top of home page) for Covariant Derivative. Clicking on the tab and then on the graphic on page... got me to YouTube Playlist on Covariant Derivative. Seems to be working OK now. Not sure why it was down when you tried it. Let me know if you run into any more dysfunctioning stuff. TY again for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my Problem: I find it surprisingly difficult to generate a satisfactory format for click-able links. I've tried (1) screen shots from a given video which you click-on and play, (2) Tiny Icons to click-on, (3) Text underscored and linked, (4) Embedded videos using google sites embed video tool. So far. Not sure why, but they all seem unsatisfactory.

    I do like the navigation tab format that came with the site template. But it's now set to take you to a webpage on the site and then offer links to YouTube Videos. Otherwise, very happy with Google Sites Authoring and Service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There still seems to be a problem. When I click on the covariant panel, it takes me to the YouTube sign on page. I am not sure why I do not go to the Covariant Derivative page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes! You have found an unexpected problem for sure, thank you for posting. When I tested it before, I had already logged in to YouTube, and immediately got to the video Playlist on the YouTube Channel Mathview.

    So it seems YouTube want's us to be logged in to YouTube before getting access to one of the Playlists... (Stored in the YouTube Google Cloud)

    So for now, the best fix is to login to YouTube (get a free account if you don't have one) and then the navigation tab will take you - via an info page - to the correct YouTube video Playlist: Eight videos. Click on to view in order.

    Bottom line for now at least: Login to YouTube first then the video links should work.

    Looking into setting up other options. I checked the standard YouTube embedded video tool, but it's not very good here because it doesn't seem to support Playlists. Just single videos.

    Thank you again for posting.

    -Mathview

    ReplyDelete
  8. I surrender. I logged into YouTube. Then entered the home page for googleplexMath. When the page opened I clicked on the playlist and was sent to a page to login to YouTube. I am at a loss to know what I am doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It appears that the link from the googleplexMath to the Covariant Derivative playlist is the problem, regardless of youTube access. If you go from the main YouTube home page to the playlists you can access the Covariant Derivative playlist, but from the googleplexMath site directly to the play list you get the error message that "You do not own the playlist."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a disappointment. I apologize for the stuff that doesnt work here. I do not understand why the playlist access feature failed but we are working on the problem. For the present, I must recommend going back to the YouTube Channel home page. Click on Playlists and scroll through the lists until you get the one you need. And just view it directly on YouTube. I think Playlists work there as they always have done.

    For now it seems our ability to access playlists directly from this site is not working.

    My humble apologies for this problem. And my thanks for your comments. When testing this myself it worked. Without your comments, I would not have known of this problem. TY for posting.

    So it seems it was only for the site owner for some reason. ...

    anyway... for now the website is on hold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like we have a solution...

    The problem seems to require the use of new custom video players for the YouTube Playlists.

    The webmaster has begun installing the new players and should have them all converted on all pages and all playlists in the next day or so.

    I guess this is what beta-testing is like. Has its ups and downs...

    Thank you for your patience with this technical problem and please let me know of any remaining problems or lack of same.

    -Mathview

    ReplyDelete
  12. Update on fix...

    Nearly all video playlist links have been converted to custom video players.

    Google sites and YouTube seem to work together to allow the playlists to show up directly in video players on the site. No need to navigate to YouTube, just view the playlist directly.

    As this post we believe video playlist viewing should now work directly from our website: https://sites.google.com/site/threesphere2011/

    TY again for your patience as we go through this testing "beta" phase.

    ReplyDelete